- Desk Assistants make $9 per hour and work a maximum of 20 hours in any given week. Hours include both weekdays (8am-6pm) and weekends.
- Applicants must live in the residence halls for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Applicants must have and maintain a minimum 2.25 semester and cumulative grade point average.
- Applicants need to be in good academic, behavioral and financial standing with the university and be a full-time, degree-seeking student at the University of Northern Iowa.
- Trustworthiness, reliability and ability to maintain confidentiality and interact confidently with a wide range of people are essential characteristics
May 24 : Applications Open
June 11 : Applications Close
June 14 : Interview Offers Sent
June 18 : Interview Sign-Up Closes
June 21 - 25 : Interviews
July 6 : Offers Letters Sent Out
General Diversity Statement
No person shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination in employment, any educational program, or any activity of the University, on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on any other basis protected by federal and/or state law.
The University of Northern Iowa prohibits discrimination and promotes affirmative action in its educational and employment policies and practices as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and other applicable laws and University policies. The University of Northern Iowa prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies and serves as the University Title IX Officer: Leah Gutknecht, Assistant to the President for Compliance and Equity Management, Office of Compliance and Equity Management, 117 Gilchrist Hall, UNI, Cedar Falls, IA 50614-0028, (319) 273-2846, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Statements & Policies
Career Services is available to assist candidates with both their resume preparation and mock interviews.
You can always schedule a one-on-one appointment with Career Services by reaching out to them in Gilchrist 102 or email email@example.com. This includes both resume review and mock interviewing.
Applications Open May 24