Live at UNI while attending HCC or Allen

Students attending one of our partner schools, Hawkeye Community College or Allen College, are welcome to live with us on campus at UNI! Please speak with your respective admissions office for details and to set up a tour of our residence halls. 
Students will have numerous opportunities to become engaged in campus life at UNI. Whether it's through participating in a club or being involved in intramurals, students are encouraged to become immersed in the culture of campus. Below is a quick snapshot of the various services that are available to students attending one of our partner colleges while living on campus at UNI. For more detailed information on any of the services below, please contact the respective department.
Students from our partner schools wishing to complete a housing and dining contract should fill out our request form to have additional information sent to them, which includes a release form that needs to be returned to the Department of Residence. Once the release form is signed and sent back, access will be granted to begin a housing and dining contract with UNI.
SUMMER ORIENTATION: There will be a special orientation session specifically tailored to move-in and accessing resources. Information on this orientation session will come via email in late May. Hawkeye and Allen students do not attend the regular UNI orientation sessions. RSVP to attend.


Service Description Contact
Academic Advising
(Free Access)
Take advantage of the Admissions Partnership Program to meet with a UNI academic advisor at no cost during a scheduled appointment to prepare for the transfer process. Office of Academic Advising
102 Gilchrist Hall
(319) 273-3406

Rod Library
(Free Visitor Pass)


You must obtain a visitor's pass to check out books at Rod Library. You may do so at the circulation desk. There is no charge for borrowing privileges; you may check out up to 10 times. Library facilities are always available for studying.

(319) 273-2462

Wellness/Recreation Center

Purchase a membership at WRC to use the Wellness/Recreation Center. Cash, check, credit card and u-bill are accepted for payment.

Wellness & Recreation Services
WRC 101
(319) 273-6275

Parking Permits
($37.80 - $94.70/yr)

To park on campus, you must purchase either a"B" [$94.70], "C" [$64.10] or "R" [$37.80] permit through Public Safety.

Department of Public Safety
30 Gilchrist Hall
(319) 273-2710

Athletic Events

The Panther Pass is used for admission to most home athletic events. To purchase a Panther Pass, do one of the following:

1. Complete the Panther Pass Order Form and return to:
McLeod North Plaza Ticket Office
2401 Hudson Rd
Cedar Falls, IA 50614-0313
2. Purchase a Panther Pass in person at the McLeod North Plaza Ticket Office.
Get your Panther Pass at least 3 days before you want to access Panther Pass privileges. Your Panther Pass will be a ticket which you will present with your UNI ID at events.

South UNI Dome/McLeod Center Ticket Office
(319) 273-4849


ResNet is UNI’s on-campus Internet connection. You are able to connect your internet-capable devices over ResNet's wireless network or through the wired port in your room. A connection guide will be provided upon move-in.

ResNet Help Desk
(319) 273-7768

Computer Labs

Computer labs are readily accessible throughout campus and are connected to the internet.

Department of Residence 
010 Redeker Center
(319) 273-2333

Dining Dollars

Dining Dollars are part of your meal plan and can be accessed via your ID Card. Dining Dollars can be used at all food venues throughout campus for any food or beverage purchases.

Department of Residence
010 Redeker Center
(319) 273-2333


HCC and Allen students living at UNI must sign a waiver releasing verification of enrollment, grades and other pertinent information. This provides verification of enrollment and academic progress.  The form is mailed with the contract application.

Department of Residence
010 Redeker Center
(319) 273-2333


Payments on room and board follow UNI's billing schedule. Timely payments assure your continued access to UNI housing. If you select the monthly payment option, there will be a $20 fee per semester, and you must enroll in a payment plan. Monthly payments are due on the 20th. You also have the option to pay once per semester, in August and January.

Department of Residence
010 Redeker Center
(319) 273-2333

UNI Alerts

Sign up for alert messaging through the UNI Alert  System. Receive notifications via phone, text or  email.

Health Clinic & Counseling Center

The student health clinic and counseling center on campus are not available to students who are not enrolled at UNI. Please contact your respective college to find out what services they offer to their students as part of tuition and fees or as an out-of-pocket expense.


Contact Information

University of Northern Iowa Department of Residence
Redeker Center 0252
Cedar Falls, IA 50614-0252
(319) 273-2333
Toll free: 1-866-207-9411

Online contact form