Request for Food Truck Exception
University of Northern Iowa Food & Beverage Policy for Events on Campus
Those wishing to have a food truck as part of an event must follow University policy 13.17 Preparation and Service of Food & Beverage. Please review the criteria below, as various forms and requests are needed.
Criteria for requesting a food truck:
- Event has successful approval of the Outdoor Event Request.
- Food truck serves as a compliment to a university event.
- Food truck has current State of Iowa Food Establishment License and provides a copy to Housing & Dining (UHD).
- Food truck provides insurance coverage in the type and amount prescribed by the Director of Risk Management.
- Food truck shall be subject to pre-approval through UHD. Submit Food Truck Agreement to firstname.lastname@example.org. In reviewing a request, UHD will consider, among other factors, the safety of persons and property, completion of a food truck agreement with the food truck vendor(s), state law and health code. If the request is approved, UHD may place conditions and restrictions on any issued permit.
At the event, the food truck must:
- Follow guidance from NFPA related to food trucks.
- Display the current State of Iowa Establishment License and their most current healthy inspection.
- Be self-sufficient and not connect to university utilities.
- Serve out of the food truck.
- Be prepared to pass campus fire inspection.
- Be within a reasonable distance of bathroom facilities.
- Be prepared to pass campus food inspection.
- Use pre-approved parking location.