Hawkeye & Allen Students

Join us on campus!

Students attending a partner school, Hawkeye Community College or Allen College, are welcome to live with us on campus at UNI. As a student living on campus, you will have numerous opportunities to become engaged in campus life at UNI. Whether it's through participating in a club or being involved in intramurals, students are encouraged to become immersed in the culture of campus.

Want to take a look? Please speak with your respective admissions office for details and to set up a tour of the dorms.

We have provided a quick snapshot of the various services that are available to students attending one of our partner colleges while living on campus at UNI. For more detailed information on any of the services below, please contact the respective department.

Academic Advising      

Take advantage of the Transfer Connection Program to prepare for the transfer process by meeting with a UNI academic advisor in your intended major. 

Transfer Connection Program


As a student at an affiliated school, you are able to check out books at Rod Library. There is no charge for borrowing privileges and library facilities are always available for studying.

Rod Library

Wellness/ Recreation Center

Purchase a membership at WRC to use the Wellness/Recreation Center. Credit cards are accepted for payment.  


Wellness & Recreation Services

Parking Permits

To park on campus, you will purchase either a B, C, CP or R permit through Public Safety.  

Department of Public Safety

UNI Alerts

Sign up for alert messaging through the UNI Alert System. Receive notifications via phone, text or email.

Sign up for Alerts


Intramural Play Passes available. Purchase by individual sport or a semester pass for unlimited play. 


Student Involvement

Become immersed in the student experience at UNI. With over 260 student clubs and organizations, one or more is likely to ignite your spark. Access Panther FYI to create a profile, search organizations and build your out-of-the-classroom resume to showcase your leadership, community service and work experiences.

Student Organizations

Health Clinic & Counseling Center

The student health clinic and counseling center on campus are services only available to students enrolled at UNI. Please contact your respective college to find out what services they offer to their students as part of tuition and fees or as an out-of-pocket expense.


Health Clinic & Counseling Center


Payments on room and board follow UNI's billing schedule. Timely payments assure your continued access to UNI housing. If you select the monthly payment option, there will be a $20 fee per semester, and you must enroll in a payment plan. Monthly payments are due on the 20th. You also have the option to pay once per semester, in August and January.


HCC and Allen students living at UNI must sign a waiver releasing verification of enrollment, grades and other pertinent information. This provides verification of enrollment and academic progress. The form is mailed with the contract application.


Request More Information

Students from our partner schools wishing to complete a housing and dining contract should fill out our request form to have additional information sent to them, which includes a release form that needs to be returned to our office. Once the release form is signed and sent back, access will be granted to begin a housing and dining contract with UNI.

HCC/Allen Request Form

Summer Orientation

A special orientation session is held each summer specially tailored to move-in and accessing UNI resources. Information on this orientation session will come via email in late May. Hawkeye and Allen students do not attend the regular UNI orientation sessions.