You have the option to be included in the roommate search process via Panther Profile. Roommate Selection is designed to assist you in finding a compatible roommate based on each other’s Panther Profile. It’s also necessary in order to designate a specific roommate of your choice. In order to request a roommate, both of you must have a contract started.
If you would like to use this feature for roommate selection, you must first complete your Panther Profile (returning students should update their profile). Make sure to include yourself in the roommate searching process on Panther Profile by checking Include in Search box. To search for a roommate, you can:
- Suggested Roommates – this option provides you with a list of students who best match your Panther Profile. You can view profiles, communicate with potential roommates and add a student to your group. You can also view groups looking for a roommate.
- Search by Details – this option will allow you to add a specific roommate request. You will do so by entering their full first (legal) and last name and birth date (optional). The requested roommate must accept the request to join the group to complete this process.
- Search by Profiles – this option will allow you to search for a roommate by any of the profiles in Panther Picks. Select the profile you want to search by and click the Search button. A list of students matching this profile will be shown. You can view the entire profile, communicate with potential roommates and add a student to your group.
- Create Group – You must create a group to complete a roommate request. When you have found someone you want to room with you will create your group in Roommate Selection.
- Choose a group name and password you will remember. Passwords can be as short as one character and suggestions are provided for creating a strong password. This password will be shared with any student you request to join your group.
- Groups contain 2 to 4 members.
- You will receive a message that your group has been created.
- Invite your requested roommate(s) to join your group. Your requested roommate(s) will receive a message via email and will need to log back in to their contract to complete the roommate request (accept or decline).
- Join Group – You can send a request to join a group you find in the Suggested Roommates section. A message will be sent to the group leader to reply to your request.
All information captured in your profile remains confidential and will not be shared with a third party. If you do not participate in Roommate Selection, you may be assigned a roommate through random selection.